I have recovered. I thought I was going to die, but here I am alive and healthy. =) Thanks to my loving family's TLC and drinking soup. Oh and also to modern medicine. That's always a given.
Biochem and now EE midterms are over and done with. Unfortunately that means finals are coming up. The quarter has gone by pretty fast. Then next thing you know a whole year will have passed by. Scary thought, I know.
Thanksgiving Day is this Thursday even though we pretty much celebrate it the same way every year, I'm always excited about it. Why? Because this is the one day of the year my mom cooks turkey. It's not just any turkey. It is the BEST JUICIEST TURKEY known to mankind... well at least to my family and family friends. Just thinking about it makes my mouth water already. Yes, it is that good. I don't have to put up with dry turkey meat unlike a lot of other people. I am thankful for that as trivial as it sounds. Of course, turkey is not the only thing on the menu. My family food tradition we've created is a fusion of Chinese, typical Malaysian cuisine, and Western dishes. It's delish. I am so lucky to have a mom who is an excellent cook. =)
I know with the economy in the dumps, there are more unfortunate people who can't afford for many things as they used to. I wish and pray that everyone at this time of year (Thanksgiving and Christmas) can at least have a nice meal with their loved ones. Speaking of which, my parents have decided to cook and donate a turkey for the local community.
Along the lines of Thanksgiving and Christmas, I think we should all appreciate what we have now and not have too many frivolous desires because once you've lost something (especially having loved ones around), it's usually hard to get it back. Be thankful for all that you have.
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Oh and who can forget Black Friday sales? Of course, I am going shopping the day after! This year, I will wake up really early or not go to sleep at all, still haven't decided... and stand in line with everyone in the cold to get my great deals just for fun.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Since Last Time...
Posted by SXian at 5:08 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment